Friday, August 17, 2012

A Work in Progress!

Well, still no AC at school, but that hasn't stopped me from sweating it out in my room for the past week! I'm not totally done, so no pictures of the room yet, but I will share one of the projects I've tackled this week: notebook ribbon bookmarks! I'm pretty sure that I got this idea off of Pinterest...my school pin boards are getting so out of control, I don't even know what I've got!

You will come to know that I am in love with notebooking! I'm also in love with notebooking in composition notebooks. The kiddos seem to love to tear paper out of spiral notebooks but they don't tear paper out of their composition notebooks. I was so excited to find them in fun colors for $0.50 this year! Worth it, for sure!

In the past, we've used paperclips to mark our page in our math and science notebooks, but they were always getting lost and - let's face it - they're not all that cute or fun. This year, I got some fun ribbon, cut 6 inch pieces and hot glued them to the back inside cover of the notebooks. Now, every notebook will have a fun, permanent bookmark! (P.S. It took me forever! I'll be glad I did it when I don't have to hear "AHH! Where's my paperclip?! I need a paperclip!" in the middle of modeling a notebooking activity!)

We do a WHOLE lot more to our notebooks to get them ready for all the great stuff that goes in them, but that will come when the kids get here!
Whoooo loves notebooking? ME! :)

One completed set done!

2 comments:

Patty Rutenbar said...

I love this idea. It's very cool. Do you mind if I steal it?
Patty
2ndinline.blogspot.com

Mrs. B said...

Of course not! Like I said, I'm not sure I came up with this myself anyway...it's just been floating in my head for awhile (most likely because I saw it on Pinterest)! I'm all about sharing!

Post a Comment